Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Walking on the Cover Girl tightrope with Janelle Monae and LipPerfection jumbo gloss balm

I am such a fan of Janelle Monae's musical talent and quite frankly her bold gender-bending sense of style. Which made me super pleased and excited when she was chosen to be a Covergirl spokesperson. The line that is now connected to her is Covergirl's LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm. This is another product geared for the Budget Beauty, just in case you don't want to spend over 20 dollars for Tarte's Lipsurgence line. 

I have chosen to review four colors from the line. 


Colors from Left to Right Plum Twist, Toffee Twist, Watermelon Twist, and Coral Twist.



 Toffee Twist: a light suede color. Extremely sheer. Does Not build to any color at all.
Plum Twist: a red based berry color. Very pigmented. 
Coral Twist: is a warm orangey-pink color. Good Pigmentation. This is the color Janelle Monae is wearing in the ad.

Watermelon Twist: is a light bubblegum pink, definitely not what I think when I think of Watermelon but hey its a nice color.



I definitely recommend the pinker ones from the line because quite frankly they are so pretty. I also see the pinks of the line looking so beautiful on those of medium to dark skin tones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment